What's the best wood for a cutting board?
So you're shopping for a cutting board, but you're just not sure which way to go? Well we have a quick summary here, but first know that all of our woods are sustainable forested and are regionally sourced.
- Nickname is Goldilocks
- because it is not too hard and not too soft
- Dark, chic look
- Hides stains and knife marks better because it is dark in color
- Reddish heartwood and blonde sapwood
- Softest wood we offer
- which means it is easier on a knife's edge
- but also is prone to expansion and contraction
- Rich history in fine furniture
- Nickname is "The Industry Standard" and for good reason
- Durable and hard
- A little harder on your knife's edge (emphasis on 'a little')
- Tight grain